NextMed / MMVR22
The 22nd Medicine Meets Virtual Reality Conference
April 7 - 9, 2016 • Sheraton Los Angeles Downtown Hotel • Los Angeles, California
Early Registration Discount Extended Through Friday, February 19
Preliminary Program Now Available
The conference program, as of February 10, is now available. Explore the 180+ lectures, posters, independent sessions, demos, and mini-lectures that will comprise this year's program.
The plenary sessions are being finalized and new presentations added. Please check back for updates.
Demos Still Invited
We continue to welcome Demo presentations. Please see their logistics pages to learn how you can share your work with us next April.
Our thanks to the researchers who recently contributed Casual Poster and Mini-Lecture presentations to the program.
About the Conference
In 1992, Medicine Meets Virtual Reality first presented a daring vision of patient care and medical education transformed by computer technology. The evolving NextMed / MMVR engages researchers committed to intelligent healthcare—engineers, physicians, scientists, educators, students, industry, military, and futurists—with its creative mix of unorthodox thinking and validated investigation. Conference topics include:
- Medical simulation and modeling
- Data visualization and fusion
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Imaging devices and methods
- Robotics, haptics, sensors
- Human-computer interfaces
- Data and decision networks, AI, mobile health
- Wearable and implantable electronics
- Projection systems
- Learning and technology
- Simulator design and validation
- Physical and mental rehabilitation tools
- Serious games
- Surgical registration and navigation
- Peri-operative guidance
- Remote and battlefield care
- Patient and public health monitoring and education
The submission deadline was October 5 for lectures, formal posters, and independent sessions, and January 22 for casual posters and mini-lectures. Demonstrations continue to be invited while space remains.
Medical virtual reality—along with the strategic integration of IT and healthcare—is moving forward at an astonishing pace. Join us in Los Angeles this April and take part in its future.