NextMed / MMVR22
The Medicine Meets Virtual Reality Conference
NextMed / MMVR is now history.
Our boundless thanks to the Organizing Committee for its steadfast commitment over so many years, and to the hundreds of researchers who shared their work at this conference since the first "Medicine Meets Virtual Reality" took place in San Diego in 1992. It has been an honor to bring together so many creative people and brilliant ideas with the shared purpose of making healthcare better.
Explore the Printed Legacy
IOS Press has published the conference proceedings since the 4th MMVR, in 1996, documenting two decades of progress.
Download Our Final Program
The 2016 conference syllabus is available for download. Explore the 180+ presentations from our final gathering, in Los Angeles: lectures, posters, demos, and more.
About the Conference
In 1992, Medicine Meets Virtual Reality first presented a daring vision of patient care and medical education transformed by computer technology. The evolving NextMed / MMVR engaged researchers committed to intelligent healthcare—engineers, physicians, scientists, educators, students, industry, military, and futurists—with its creative mix of unorthodox thinking and validated investigation. Conference topics included:
- Medical simulation and modeling
- Data visualization and fusion
- Virtual and augmented reality
- Imaging devices and methods
- Robotics, haptics, sensors
- Human-computer interfaces
- Data and decision networks, AI, mobile health
- Wearable and implantable electronics
- Projection systems
- Learning and technology
- Simulator design and validation
- Physical and mental rehabilitation tools
- Serious games
- Surgical registration and navigation
- Peri-operative guidance
- Remote and battlefield care
- Patient and public health monitoring and education